Clergy Scholarship for General Synod Application Form
The Central Atlantic Conference is pleased to announce the availability of $20,000 in scholarship funds for clergy to attend the 31st General Synod, June 30th – July 4th, 2017 here in Baltimore, Maryland. Requests for consideration should be submitted ASAP and, ideally, no later than May 22, 2017. Pastors who meet any of the following criteria will received preferred consideration:
- Ordained, licensed or commissioned leaders serving smaller churches with lean budgets.
- Ordained, licensed or commissioned leaders who are newer to the United Church of Christ.
- Ordained, licensed or commissioned leaders who have never been to a General Synod.
- Ordained, licensed or commissioned leaders who are bi-vocational.
- Scholarships can be awarded for up to $1,000.
- Scholarship recipients must pay registration fee for General Synod and supply confirmation number of registration before scholarship funds are released.
- Scholarship recipients must attend a minimum of 2 days.
- Scholarship funds can be used for transportation & travel, parking, hotel, meals, special events connected to General Synod 31 or for pulpit coverage on July 2, 2017.
- All recipients are expected to participate in all CAC delegate events while present.